Okay, so we didn’t really move, but we did shift our office around so that it’s a two-person-friendly workspace. Here are some of the highlights:
- We were able to vacuum kitty litter that has probably been hiding for nearly five years.
- We moved the desk (it’s really a glass table from Ikea, but it’s super cool, so there) from against the wall, to the middle of the room, so we will work across from each other. This will enable us to gaze lovingly into each other’s eyes while we tap out work-related frustration on our matching MacBook Pros. We’re so cute.
- The dresser has moved into the corner, instead of against the wall. Yes, we have a dresser in the office. Why? Because our bedroom doesn’t fit one anywhere. Looong story.
- Hermes came and checked it all out by weaving through all the new nooks and crannies. We’ve moved the litterbox ever so slightly over. I’ll keep you apprised as to the outcome of that daring ploy.
I’m quite excited to see how this works. We both think it looks better. And it means that Adam isn’t stuck working at the dining room table. We’ll see what happens when he’s coaching and needs to take a client call at the same exact time that I’m working to deadline. It’s the perfect storm and it’s inevitable.
Here are some fun facts about this evening’s moving efforts:
- Number of meltdowns had by Bay: 2
- Number of meltdowns had by Adam: 0
- Number of yoga spaces lost: 1 (I’m back in the dining room, which works better, floor-wise, but less well if Adam’s banging around in the kitchen. We shall see…)
- Number of antihistamines taken by Bay to combat all the itchy-throat-causing dust: 1
And with that, fine friends, I’m off to bed. Oh, actually, one more thing: I needed to draft up some questions and answers for Pacific Tattoo (we’re doing this cool thing called ChatterHigh, where students can earn points for answering questions on various educational topics). I got the questions all done, and I must say, it’s extremely fun making up the wrong answers for multiple choice. I always thought it might be and now I know.
Okay, now I’m going to bed. Zzz…